Care, 24 hours a day at our Medical Centre
The Medical Centre provides twenty four hour, seven day a week nursing cover. These are the regular surgeries;
07:50, 13:00, 17:00 for administration of medicines and assessment of injuries and illness.
There are specialised clinics for asthma, vaccinations, weight management etc. We can provide advice on routine and travel vaccinations. Appointments for external specialists are arranged as needed and all inoculations are kept up to date. All students are weighed regularly which can help us identify any burgeoning eating problems.
Liaising with house staff and parents, the Medical Centre is an important part of the comprehensive approach to pastoral care for all students. Specialist counselling help is available to those who may need some additional support.
The Medical Centre is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We run three surgeries:
- 07.50 am to 08:30
- 13.00 to 14.00
- 17.00 to 18.15
Either Dr. Wilks, Dr. Shah or Dr. Sears attends four times a week for student consultations at the following times:
- Monday: 13.00 to 14.00
- Wednesday to Friday: 13.00 to 14.00
Students have a choice of a male or female doctor.
- Medical Centre Manager: Miss S Titheridge R.N.
- Medical Officer: Dr R Wilks
- Nurses: Mrs S Granville R.G.N., Mrs R Nicholson R.N., Mrs P Smith R.G.N
- Health Care Assistants: Mrs A Fisher, Mrs S Von Thun, Miss L Young
- Counsellor: Mrs N Baker, Ms J Chambard