Many students from non EU countries will require a visa in order to study at King Edward's.

If you are a national of a country which is not in the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, you will need to have permission to study in the UK.

To obtain a visa you will need an educational sponsor (a school, college or university) who must be registered with the UK Border Agency.  King Edward's has Highly Trusted status on the UKBA Register of Sponsors.  Please check on this flow chart to see whether you need to obtain a visa.

Please note, if your immigration status changes at any time, you must inform the School.

Information solely for pupils with confirmed offers of places
Following changes to the UK immigration system in 2009, King Edward’s no longer issues visa letters for students to obtain entry clearance. We now issue a Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies (CAS) to any non EEA student who has an unconditional offer of a place on either our GCSE or Pre Sixth Form courses (under 18s only) or our Sixth Form A-level or International Baccalaureate Diploma courses.

In order to apply for a Visa, please read carefully these guidance notes. If you would like further assistance, please contact your agent or your nearest British Consul or Embassy.