Covid-19 Risk Assessment Outcomes
In line with legislation and Government guidance, the School has completed all the necessary risk assessments for the safe return of pupils, staff and the wider King Edward’s community.
The key additional COVID-19 measures are:
- All pupils, staff and visitors will have their temperature checked daily.
- On-site asymptomatic testing for our boarding pupils will be maintained.
- Staff and day pupils will be supported with home testing using Lateral Flow Devices.
- Social distancing will be maintained, with a one-way system in place in all communal areas within the School.
- Academic activities will take place in Year group ‘bubbles’. Where possible desks are set 1 metre apart with all pupils forwards facing.
- Co-curricular activities will take place in Year group ‘bubbles’.
- Unless room sizes allow appropriate social distancing, meetings will be held by online collaborative software.
- External visitors will only be allowed if necessary for the School’s operation and following strict guidelines.
- Support staff activities have been revised to minimise contact with pupils and each other, with the wearing of PPE where necessary.
- Our Houses have been restructured into Year group ‘bubbles’.
- Online education provision is in place for those pupils who are unable to return to site due to international travel restrictions.
- Additional hygiene and cleaning arrangements have been put in place, for example sanitisers in all classrooms, Houses and communal areas, with regular cleaning of key touch points.
All measures will be reviewed regularly in light of emerging Legislation and Government guidance.