Welcome to the Old Witleians' section of the school web site. The aims of the Old Witleians' Association are:
- To provide a network of support and friendship to past and present pupils and staff
- To encourage Old Witleians to provide present pupils with career advice and related opportunities
- To act as a major part of the communication network to inform Old Witleians of developments at King Edward’s Witley
- To support and advise the Development Office on fundraising activity that is OWA focused and to seek to cultivate financial support from Members for the primary purpose of funding bursaries for children and the wider advancement of educational opportunities at King Edward’s.
On a practical day-to-day basis the work of the Association is led by the Old Witleian Volunteers Group comprising Decade Ambassadors, Special Project, Event, Communications, Fundraising and Sports Volunteers, together with School Development & Alumni Relations staff, who work together to help provide information, news, social events and networking opportunities for alumni across a range of themes and priorities. We have a President and Old Witleian Advisors (our 'Wise OWls' - formerly known as Honorary VPs) who oversee and advise on Old Witleian Volunteer activity as well as attending key events throughout the year. In Summer 2016 the decision was taken to dissolve the formal Committee and to look at new ways of engaging more Old Witleians in a wide variety of activities and events. More information on this process can be found here.
Our priorities for 2014-2017 are:
- Arts: developing music and arts as an interest theme for membership activity.
- Bursaries and Charities: liaising with King Edward’s about bursary support and associated enrichment funding for students and support fund-raising campaigns as appropriate.
- Communications: developing OWA communications and increasing/ developing the use of Social Media.
- Events: promoting and supporting reunions at King Edward’s and in other locations.
- Heritage: working with King Edward’s and OWA Heritage Volunteers to maintain and honour memorials for Old Witleians, provide WW1-related information, develop the archives and promote King Edward’s Memorabilia.
- Membership Development: increasing membership information, making/ renewing contact with Old Witleians and identifying university ambassadors as Lead Volunteers.
- Mentoring / Careers Support: developing Old Witleians’ contributions to the Schools’ Careers Fairs and building OWA mentoring networking for university and professional links.
- Sports: maintaining regular activities and developing one-off events with OWA Sports Lead Volunteers - including an 'Old Witleians’ football team and developing the Autumn Sports Day to include netball.